For many people, no morning would be complete without a steaming cup of hot coffee first thing in the morning. Whether you like your coffee black, with cream and or sugar, brewing the perfect cup is easy if you have a quality coffee maker. Selecting the best coffee maker for your household’s needs can be daunting with all the models available, but by narrowing down the features you want and need, you can pick the best coffee machine for your home.
Best Coffee Maker Features
Many of today’s manufacturer’s pack advanced features into their coffee machines. Top manufacturers know that home brewers often want coffee shop quality and drinks, so they have upped the technology in home coffee pots to keep up with coffee trends. Many models include features such as:
- Automatic turn on. This feature allows you to pre set the coffee pot and fill it before you go to bed. At the selected time, the coffee maker will turn on and brew your coffee so you have a nice hot cup as soon as you get out of bed.
- On board grinders. These grinders allow you to grind fresh, whole coffee beans and then deposit them directly into the coffee pot’s filter.
- Hot water service. Many coffee pots have a separate spout where hot water can be drawn so hot tea or soups can be made quickly and easily.
- Automatic timers. This feature allows you to set a pre determined time interval that will automatically turn the coffee maker off after your coffee has brewed and the time limit has been reached, ensuring your carafe does not burn and the coffee maker is not a hazard.
- Single cup servings. Many coffee makers now feature single cup brewing cycles so no coffee is wasted. Single serve units are also handy and prevent product waste.
- Frothing arms. Many of today’s coffee makers include a frothing arm attachment that enables you to froth and foam milk or cream to create delicious, coffeehouse drinks and hot chocolate.
- Stop and start brew. This feature allows you to remove the carafe to pour coffee even if the entire cycle has not yet been completed. The stop and start brew feature will allow you to pour a cup of coffee while the cycle is still brewing and will hold the stream of coffee in the reservoir while you pour. Once you replace the carafe, the cycle continues as normal. This feature is especially great on mornings when you just cannot wait for that steaming cup of java.
- Thermal carafes. Many advanced coffee makers have stainless steel carafes that will insulate and keep the coffee warm for hours after brewing. This eliminates the need to leave on the heating element and prevents your coffee from scorching and tasting bitter from overheating.
More On The Best Coffee Maker
Depending on how many people in your home drink coffee and what types of coffee drinks they prefer, selecting a coffee maker that has any or all of these features will make brewing and drinking your coffee easy and pleasurable. If people in your home are on differing morning schedules, the thermal carafe will keep coffee warm from the first riser to the sleepy head. If you have people who prefer hot tea, the automatic hot water feature will cut down on prep time. If you are not a morning person, the automatic turn on feature will have you waking up to the smells and sounds of coffee brewing and will help facing the day a bit easier.
No matter which type of features you select, consider buying a permanent gold tone filter as a complimenting accessory. This gold tone filter is a one time purchase and eliminates the need for paper filters, reduces waste, can be used over and over, and is dishwasher safe. Brewing and enjoying coffee should be a pleasure and when you pick the best coffee maker features for your home, it will be.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- coffee machine qualities
- coffee maker qualities
- best thermal coffee pots for home use
- what qualities does the coffee pot have
- stainless steel no burn coffee maker
- qualities of the best coffee maker
- qualities of a great coffee maker
- qualities coffee makers
- great coffee makers for your home
- features of the coffee maker for home