Most campers love to enjoy nature and give up certain luxuries for a couple of days or week, but they cannot live without their morning coffee. For this reason, a good camping coffee maker is one of the essential items to pack for these trips. So, the next time you are planning for some outdoor adventures you need to think about getting the best camping coffee maker for your trip.
In addition to buying a good coffee maker for your camping trips, you should also get the best coffee. The earthier flavors always taste great in outdoor setting. You can use medium grind for a drip coffee maker, fine grind for an espresso machine and coarse grind for a percolator and French press makers.
Some options to consider when shopping for a camping coffee maker:
These coffee makers include the usual varieties such as espresso, drip, percolated and plunged or pressed. If possible, you can get instant coffee and coffee bags as substitute.
- Percolated Coffee: If you are looking a coffee maker with a classy look, you can get one of the percolating coffee pots to put on the camp fire or stove. Although it will take much longer for you to get your morning coffee, it will be worth the wait as this coffee pot is known for delivering a brew that is steaming hot, strong and tasty. Besides that, the stainless steel percolators are durable and can last for many years.
- French Press: Most campers choose the French Press or the plunger coffee maker for their trips. You can choose one of the insulated press as this will help to keep your coffee hot when brewing. Some of the features of this coffee maker include insulated container, nested designs and insulated drinking lids. Choose one of the stainless steel or BPA-free plastic camping coffee pots instead of the glass or aluminum.
Use the coarse grind coffee in the French press. Add roughly one tablespoon for each cup of water and allow this to stand for about four minutes before starting the plunging process.
- Espresso Makers: The espresso camping coffee maker will look similar to the stovetop version. You can use fine ground coffee, but try not to overfill the water or coffee levels.
- Drip Coffee Filters: These coffee filters are designed to rest over a pot or mug and the brew will drip down throughout the filter. There are single cup versions which are convenient to use at home, but the collapsible types are ideal camping trips. Most people choose these coffee filters because they are cheap and lightweight. You can use medium to fine ground coffee in the drip coffee filters.
Remember to use coarse ground coffee in this maker and try not to force too much coffee in the basket, pack it tightly or pour the water pass the specified level. If the ground bubble up and flow into the coffee, this will give it a bitter taste.
Hopefully, the information above will help you to choose the best camping coffee maker for your trips.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- best camping coffee maker
- best camping coffee pot
- best coffee maker for camping
- camping latte maker
- best camp coffee maker
- best rated camp coffee pot
- percolating coffee maker ground free
- best coffee makers for camping
- best coffee pot for camping
- best camping coffee makers