Thermal coffee makers provide the advantage of keeping your brew fresh and warm for a longer time, compared to other machines having a glass carafe and a hot plate. It is very important for people who love coffee, to keep their coffee warm, and retain the freshness of the flavor over a longer time, especially when they make a pot to last through the day. You just cannot get the same kick from a java cup that has lost the right temperature, and bite of the delicious flavor. Therefore, if you were looking to start your morning with your favorite cup of brew, and enjoy several cups throughout the day, then a thermal coffee maker would be the ideal choice.
If you keep heating up brewed coffee, it not only loses its flavor, but also get bitter, and gives off a burnt taste, making it quite unpalatable. Thermal coffee makers dispense the brew directly into a stainless steel carafe that has a tight seal and insulation to retain the heat and flavor. Compared to this, the traditional machine dispenses the brew into a glass carafe that has a large opening, allowing the flavor and warmth to escape. Although, there is a hot plate underneath keeping the glass carafe warm, it is of not much use, as the flavor and warmth of the original brew has already reduced.
Advantages of Thermal Coffee Makers
- The direct dispensing into the insulated carafe, keeps the coffee quite hot, almost throughout the day.
- The original flavor is also retained even after several hours from the initial brewing.
- The carafe is made out of stainless steel, which is unbreakable, and it will definitely last much longer than one made of glass. You also do not need to be cautious while handling a steel carafe.
- These machines are usually equipped with many other good features as well. You can get a model with a digital timer so that you can program the brew to be ready just when you get up. Other features include, function for pausing the brewing, filter baskets that can be easily removed and cleaned, automatic shut off and many more.
Possible Disadvantages of Thermal Coffee Makers
- You cannot exactly see how much coffee is left in the pot as it is made of steel. Therefore, you will not know for sure when you should start brewing the next batch.
- Many of these steel carafes are not dishwasher safe, and could be a bit more difficult to clean, compared to glass. You need to follow the instructions given by the manufacturer regarding the cleaning and maintenance of the machine.
How to Select a Thermal Coffee Maker
There is a wide range of models available in the market today with a variety of features. It could be quite confusing to choose the right model, and so here are some tips that can help you take an informed decision.
- Consider your Requirements: First decided how many cups of coffee you will need in a day, or per brewing. Based on this decision you will need to select the capacity of your coffee maker. There are models available that can drip six to twelve cups in a single brew. If your requirement is for a single cup then there is no need for a thermal machine, as you will be consuming the coffee immediately.
- Counter Space: Most of the models are quite compact, but still you need to consider the available counter space to accommodate the unit. Pay attention to the height as well, if you are going to keep the unit under a cabinet.
- Insulation: Certain models offer multiple layers of insulation in their steel carafe, which will keep the coffee hot for much longer. If you have chosen a bigger capacity model, and would like to consume several cups throughout the day, then extra insulation would be helpful.
- Extra Features and Budget: Consider the features you need and the price you are prepared to pay for them.
There are many sophisticated models available with many features that provide extra convenience, and enhance the taste of the coffee. However all these features come at a price, and you need to weigh these features against your budget, and get the right balance.
Thermal coffee makers are definitely a much better option when you need to brew a pot and want to consume the coffee throughout day. The insulation prevents the loss of heat and flavor, and your last cup will be almost the same as your very first cup.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- benefits of thermal coffee maker
- disadvantages of thermal coffee maker
- disadvantages of thermal cups
- thermal coffee makers stopped dispensing